24.9-2.10.2022/ Flores Island/ Portugalia
Organizator of the project: Coconutwork
The youth exchange will take place between 24.9-2.10.2022 on Flores Island in Portugalia.
The project relates the idea for sustainable development and the possibility of sustainably using the environment as a resource for youth enterprises in rural areas. It promotes ideas for young people to establish environment-based enterprises in local communities such as eco-tourism; bio-agriculture and community development projects.Hence, for NEETs in rural areas and beyond, it will generate an understanding of how to use their environment as a source of employability and innovation
Objectives of the course:
- Gather NEETs representing different realities in a creative space allowing them to innovate and generate entrepreneurial ideas tailored to meet the needs of their rural communities and/or solving environmental challenges. This will give birth to 7 ready business plans which participants will develop throughout the youth exchange duration.
- Showcase in-depth examplеs of inspiring and successful rural and environmental businessesto inspire thе participating youth such as eco-tourism; bio-agriculture and community developmеnt projects.
- Raise awareness on the need to foster an inclusive, human-centred rural and global-central environmental entrepreneurship.
- Еngage thе participants through leading online campaigns aiming to showcase good practices in regards to ecological habits, and breaking the prejudices regarding rural lifе, togethеr with the promotion of the solutions they have developed as business plans
Working language: English
Number of participants: 34
Participating countries: Greece, Slovakia, Portugal, Luxembourg, Lithuania, Italy, Serbia and Sweden
4 participants + 1 goup leader
- Young aged between 18-25 years.
- To have basic English skills.
- To be available to participate throughout the project.
- To have an increased interest in self-development, and reflection on the topic of protecting the environment
- To have an increased interest in knowing other nations
- Cheerful, sociable person.
- To have the ability to be involved in disseminating project results at the end of the activities.
- Adult, over 18 years old.
- Advanced English skills.
- To have experience in youth exchanges, to have participated as a group leader in at least 3 projects.
- To have experience in working with young people, eventually a youth worker.
- Good negotiator, and mediator to manage any situations that may arise.
- Intercultural communication skills.
- Team spirit.
- To have skills in coordination, planning, and organization
- To be a positive person.
- To have strategic thinking aimed at obtaining results.
The group of each country will be obligated to conduct dissemination events for other young people in their city/town, within 2 months at the end of the youth exchange.
Accommodation, meals, and the program throughout the project are fully reimbursed according to the rules of the Erasmus + program through the project organizer.
Each participant is individually responsible for the planning and implementation of the trip. Extremely important: The participant is obliged to keep the travel document to and from the destination and hand it over / send it to the project organizer according to his instructions.
Reimbursement of travel costs will only be done upon full attendance of the program and presentation of all original (+return tickets) tickets, receipts, invoices, and boarding passes.
Insurance: Travel insurance is NOT paid by the participants or subsequently reimbursed. Each participant is obliged to take out health insurance, which is valid in Portugal.
How to apply for the project?
Send us your CV (in English) + motivation about why YOU should go to this project at email@example.com
INFOPACK can be found HERE!!!
Deadline to apply: ASAP
The project is financially supported by the Erasmus + program.