Global World? Global Learning!
/7 - 13.11.2022/Dresden/Germany
Organizator of the project: CAMBIO e.V.
The project is a 5-day training course in a seminar house in the countryside near Dresden from the 7th to the 13th of November. The program starts on Tuesday the 8th and ends on Saturday the 12th.
This project helps to increase the methodological competence of youth workers, who dedicate themselves to the spread of social justice and cosmopolitanism. Our focus lies on methods of global learning, seen as an educational concept that understands the world population as a global community and seeks to achieve social justice and equality for all. Working together on this global issue and sharing ideas, visions and methods are essential for enhancing transnational responsibility on global problems. Since methods of participatory learning are the foundation of the mentioned educational concept, participants will learn about different approaches to non-formal education.
Objectives of the course:
The overall goal for the participating multipliers is to increase their motivation to promote the critical thinking of young people with whom they work. Especially in times where there is political instability at the structural level, it is important to use civic engagement and build transnational networks and relationships to raise people's awareness of global challenges.
In detail, this mobility contributes to the following learning objectives:
- participants perceive global problems in society; they can define their causes and consequences;
- participants discover ways to work on Global Learning topics in their countries in a target-group-oriented way;
- participants can design and organize an international problem-solving-oriented educational or cultural project or workshop series.
Number of participants: 28
- 4 participants (18+ years old)
- The ideal participants are people involved in educational or social work that wish to professionalize their methodology skills or people who are interested in working in the field of global citizenship education.
- All the participants should be motivated to talk about global issues and openly share their experiences with others. Tolerance, open-mindedness, and curiosity are important values that participants bring to the training course. They are open to looking beyond national borders and questioning topics critically. Participants must be respectful of each other and accept different opinions.
- The language of the project will be English and only participants who are fluent in English and feel comfortable explaining a viewpoint on a topical issue can be selected.
- Participants are selected by partner organizations in their home countries.
Accommodation, meals, and the program throughout the project are fully reimbursed according to the rules of the Erasmus + program through the project organizer.
Travel costs will be reimbursed to the participant.
Each participant is individually responsible for the planning and implementation of the trip. Extremely important: The participant is obliged to keep the travel document to and from the destination and hand it over / send it to the project organizer according to his instructions.
Reimbursement of travel costs will only be done upon full attendance of the program and presentation of all original (+return tickets) tickets, receipts, invoices, and boarding passes.
Insurance: Travel insurance is NOT paid by the participants or subsequently reimbursed. Each participant is obliged to take out health insurance, which is valid in Germany.