/5. 09. - 14. 09. 2022/Burgas/ Bulgaria
Organizator of the project: New Society
The youth exchange will take place between the 5th of September and to 14th of September 2022 in Burgas, Bulgaria.
While social media now plays a vital role in the everyday lives of young people as citizens, education systems across the developed world have been slow to react. Extremist groups rely on false promises of status and purpose, manipulation, conspiracy, and divisive rhetoric to exploit young people online. Against these methods, critical thinking skills and media literacy, social and emotional skills, and meaningful digital citizenship capacities are a strong defense.
Objectives of the course:
Тhe project is designed to teach 18 to 30-year-olds about media literacy, critical thinking and digital citizenship, encouraging young people to be positive voices online while increasing their resilience to hate and extremism. Using a non-formal educational approach, the project helps the participants become more informed citizens, critical consumers and empowered producers of content.
Working language: English
Number of participants: 40
Participating countries: Greece, Slovakia, Portugal, Romania, Croatia
- 8 participants (17-30 years old, 3 of them with fewer opportunities) + 2 group leaders (can be older) per country
- Keen to increase knowledge on the subject of the project.
- Motivated to address critical thinking and media literacy in their communities, as well as issues related to youth internationally, and issues related to democratic citizenship.
- Ready to work in an intercultural learning environment, to contribute to successful project implementation.
- Motivated to take part in Erasmus + project, work in an international team and share their experiences in the follow-up period;
- Have a communicative level of English and be able to take part in preparatory online meetings, youth exchange and follow-up activities.
Accommodation, meals, and the program throughout the project are fully reimbursed according to the rules of the Erasmus + program through the project organizer.
Travel costs will be reimbursed to the participant for up to 275€.
Each participant is individually responsible for the planning and implementation of the trip. Extremely important: The participant is obliged to keep the travel document to and from the destination and hand it over / send it to the project organizer according to his instructions.
Reimbursement of travel costs will only be done upon full attendance of the program and presentation of all original (+return tickets) tickets, receipts, invoices, and boarding passes.
Insurance: Travel insurance is NOT paid by the participants or subsequently reimbursed. Each participant is obliged to take out health insurance, which is valid in Bulgaria.
How to apply for the project?
Send us your CV (in English) + motivation about why YOU should go to this project at email@example.com
INFOPACK can be found HERE!!!
Deadline to apply: 15.07.2022
The project is financially supported by the Erasmus + program.