Promoting Inclusive Society
Organizator of the project: FreeMinds in Action
The youth exchange will take place between the 24th of May to the 31st of May 2022 in the town of Agrigento in Italy.
About the project: The project aims to understand better the prejudices and stereotypes in our communities and learn to overcome them. By having as participants youngsters with a different background a safe learning environment will be created and a unique opportunity for everyone to share ideas and learn from others experience in order to see which is the best way to fight exclusion. The participants will learn how to present their culture, how to meet, accept, share their respect towards other cultures and characters, to show an interest in cooperation and communication with young people from other European countries
Objectives of the project:
- make participants aware about their personal and cultural identity;
- make participants recognize prejudice and all forms of discrimination;
- develop empathy, critical thinking and communication skills;
- create an inclusive environment for participants; develop actions which deal with discrimination;
- to enable the participants to use theatre as a tool for education, communication and affirmation to increased self-empowerment and self-esteem of the youngsters
Working Language: English
Participating Countries: Italy, Germany, Spain, Bulgaria, Romania and Slovakia
Who is the ideal participant in the project?
- 18-30 years old
- Age of leader: no limit, but must be over 18, teachers, youth worker
- gender balance
- interested in the topic of the exchange
In particular, the group's role will be to actively participate in the project program in an effort to meet its defined objectives. The secondary task will be to present Slovakia and its culture in an interactive form during the "Intercultural night" and to present Slovakia and its climate problems.
Accommodation, meals, and the program throughout the project are fully reimbursed according to the rules of the Erasmus + program through the project organizer.
Travel costs will be reimbursed to the participants.
Each participant is individually responsible for the planning and implementation of the trip. Extremely important: The participant is obliged to keep the travel document to and from the destination and hand it over / send it to the project organizer according to his instructions.
Insurance: Travel insurance is NOT paid by the participants or subsequently reimbursed. Each participant is obliged to take out health insurance, which is valid in Italy.
How to apply for the project?
Send us your CV (in English) + motivation about why YOU should go to this project at email@example.com
INFOPACK can be found HERE!!!
Deadline to apply: ASAP
The project is financially supported by the Erasmus + program.