Skilling YOU(th) softly
/24. 5. - 1. 6. 2022/Laptokarya/Greece
Project organization: Youthfully Yours GR
The youth exchange will takle place between 24th of May to 1st of June 2022 in town Leptokarya in Greece.
The main theme of the project is set out from the title of the project: give youth the opportunity to experience the impact of soft skills. The choice of the theme was made after research and facts emphasizing the gap between the skills that employees possess and the abilities that employers are looking for. After a thorough analysis of the gap, we gathered with our most trusted partners to illustrate how we can foster young people with a set of transversal skills. Non formal education, one of the main assets in Erasmus+ programme, provides the necessary challenging and creative environment together with strong educational activities followed up with reflection. Through this project we will try to get young people understand the difference between hard skills they learn at school, university etc and the soft skills which are not necessarily taught in a specific framework and format but are considered as experiential learning.
The project objectives
- To foster mutual understanding of soft skills and their role in employability of young people.
- To give knowledge regarding soft skills and their characteristics.
- To give opportunity to participants to practically experience soft skills development and understand their relevance in the working environment.
- To improve the international competences of participants by working in an international context and environment.
- To boost participant’s personalities with key competences that will help them to work more efficiently.
- To make them more familiar with transversal skills such as communication, teamwork, problem-solving, leadership, time-management, Emotional Intelligence, Conflict Management, Critical thinking, Adaptability.
- To improve those cross-competences of participants and experience new methods which can be transferral to life.
- To give the chance to young people to experience a different way of learning, experiential learning where they will take initiatives.
Working language: English.
Number of participants: 30
Participating countries: Greece, Slovakia, Poland, Portugal, Spain
Who is the ideal participant in the project?
- between 18-25 years old (the group leader should be between 18-35 years old);
- interested in personal development through non formal education;
- motivated to learn more about learning through experience;
- willing to broaden their perspective on their european citizenship;
- young people with limited access to educational courses and from rural areas;
- able to communicate in English at a moderate level (Participants with limited knowledge
- are also welcome if they are willing to try to improve themselves before and during theactivity dates)
Slovakia will be represented on the project by a group of 5 participants (4 + 1 leader).
In particular, the group's role will be to actively participate in the project program in an effort to meet its defined objectives. The secondary task will be to present Slovakia and its culture in an interactive form during the "Intercultural night" and to present Slovakia and its climate problems.
Accommodation, meals and the program throughout the project are fully reimbursed according to the rules of the Erasmus + program through the project organizer.
Travel costs will be reimbursed to the participant up to € 275.
Each participant is individually responsible for the planning and implementation of the trip. Extremely important: The participant is obliged to keep the travel document to and from the destination and hand it over / send it to the project organizer according to his instructions.
Insurance: Travel insurance is NOT paid by the participants or subsequently reimbursed. Each participant is obliged to take out health insurance, which is valid in Greece.
A private bus will be hired for the transportation of the participants from the Airport to the venue. More information on the meeting time and place as well as on the price of the bus ticket will be announced soon. The private bus costs for each participant will be calculated along with the rest of the transportation cost (approx. 30 €per person for the bus ticket).
How to apply for the project?
Send us your CV (in English) + motivation about why YOU should go to this project at firstname.lastname@example.org
INFOPACK can be found HERE!!!
Deadline to apply: 23.3.2022
The project is financially supported by the Erasmus + program.