The ABC of Preventive Education
/25. 7. - 1. 8. 2023/ Valea Verde - Câmpeni
Project organizator: IPTA Romania
The training course will take place between the 25th and 1st of August, 2023, in Valea Verde - Câmpeni (Alba), Romania.
The project aim: For five days, 18 youth workers will play, discover and assimilate a minimum 12 working methods suitable for small and large groups.
Objectives of the meeting:
- To equip youth workers and professionals with a comprehensive understanding of the impact created by prevention work among teenagers.
- To facilitate the assimilation of a minimum of 12 working methods suitable for both small and large groups, applicable in preventive education.
- To engage participants in debriefing sessions to thoroughly analyze and discuss the learned methods' elements.
- To foster a learner-based approach that promotes active participation, exploration, and self-care among the participants.
- To provide professionals with a strong understanding of the principles and concepts underlying prevention work, including the development and cycle of addictions.
- To enable participants to create effective preventive educational methods tailored to the needs of teenagers.
Working language: English
Number of participants: 3
- Professional Background: The TC is exclusively dedicated to professionals who are actively engaged in youth work, education, teaching, social work, support services for young people, psychologists, youth leaders, facilitators, trainers, etc. Participants should have a clear interest in exploring the topic of preventive education in general, with a specific focus on the prevention of substance abuse.
- Motivation and Organizational Support: Participants are expected to be motivated professionals who have organizational support for transferring the practice and knowledge gained during the training to their work. This suggests that participants should be in a position where they can apply the learnings and share them within their respective organizations or professional contexts.
- Knowledge and Experience: While not mandatory, a minimum level of knowledge and experience in working with NFL activities (not specified what NFL stands for) is desirable. This implies that participants with prior experience in working with youth-related activities, specifically related to preventive education, would benefit from the training. However, it is not a strict requirement for participation.
- Language Proficiency: The working language of the training course will be English. Therefore, participants should have an average level of proficiency in speaking, reading, and listening in English.
- Minimum Age Requirement: The minimum age limit for participation in the training course is 18. Participants must be at least 18 years old.
Accommodation, meals, and the program throughout the project are fully reimbursed according to the rules of the Erasmus + program through the project organizer.
Travel costs will be reimbursed to the participant for up to 180€.
Each participant is individually responsible for the planning and implementation of the trip. Extremely important: The participant must keep the travel document to and from the destination and hand it over / send it to the project organizer according to his instructions.
Insurance: Travel insurance is NOT paid by the organization or subsequently reimbursed. Each participant must take out health insurance, which is valid in Romania.