Media Literacy and Critical Thinking in the information age
/30.6.-7.7. 2022/Stara Zagora/ Bulgaria
Organizator of the project: Academy of success
The training course will take place between the 30th of June and to 7th of July 2022 in Stara Zagora, Bulgaria.
The overall aim of the training course is to equip youth workers, youth leaders and professionals active in the youth field with set of critical thinking skills and improve their media literacy knowledge which will be applied in their work with young people with the help of nonformal education tools and methodology
Objectives of the course:
- Introduction of the term critical thinking, retrospection, fundamentals, basic principles
- Improving media literacy – recognizing misleading, false or manipulative information in mass media, social media and other media channels. Improving media content analysis skills. Developing recognition skills of altered images with Photoshop or other software with the help of graphic design professional session. Future of fake news – artificial intelligence video manipulation methods.
- Examining the role of media manipulation for the instillation of prejudice and stereotypes towards national groups, ethnicities, vulnerable groups of people and other target groups. - Sharing good practices from participating countries and personal examples on fighting the false news phenomena.
- Exploring in depth European Union and world practices and strategies to fight propaganda and false news. Presentation of the best websites on the topic.
- Creating campaigns aimed at young people, to tackle the spread of misinformation on local level in the partners countries.
- Developing new non-formal tools and methods to work with young people for the development of their critical thinking and media literacy.
- Developing project management skills in the field of Erasmus + programme. The participants will write their own Erasmus + projects during the mobility.
Working language: English
Number of participants: 3
- Youth leaders, trainers, mentors, youth workers actively involved in youth work within the partner organizations
- Under ideal conditions, participants should be able to influence decision-making process in the organization
- Be aged over 18
- Be able to use English language with working proficiency
- To commit to fully attend the course and take part in all the preparatory tasks that the project coordinators and team will ask them
Accommodation, meals, and the program throughout the project are fully reimbursed according to the rules of the Erasmus + program through the project organizer.
As by the rules of the programme, the participants are encouraged to use the most suitable and cheap means of transportation, which means no first class, nonreimbursable taxi expenses etc. Please be aware that we can reimburse your travel expenses if they are done no more than 2 days before and after the activity. You can come earlier in Bulgaria or depart couple of days after the end of the activity, but any accommodation and other expenses during your stay besides the training course are non-reimbursable!
During your stay the accommodation and the daily meals will be fully provided. This is the maximum travel budget per participant for each country calculated by the Erasmus + travel calculator. Your travel costs are covered 100 % to the maximum expenses allowed.
Each participant is individually responsible for the planning and implementation of the trip. Extremely important: The participant is obliged to keep the travel document to and from the destination and hand it over / send it to the project organizer according to his instructions.
Insurance: Travel insurance is NOT paid by the participants or subsequently reimbursed. Each participant is obliged to take out health insurance, which is valid in Bulgaria.
How to apply for the project?
Send us your CV (in English) + motivation about why YOU should go to this project at email@example.com
INFOPACK can be found HERE!!!
Deadline to apply: 17.5.2022
The project is financially supported by the Erasmus + program.